openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Bad Derby query
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 00:27:08 GMT
I have the following query:

	SELECT a.alias FROM AliasBean AS a WHERE (a.alias IS NULL AND ?1 IS
NULL) OR a.alias = ?1

Which works great when run against HSQLDB.  When I switch the
database to Derby I get the following exception:

<0|false|0.9.6-incubating>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Syntax error:
Encountered "NULL" at line 1, column 68. {SELECT t0.ALIAS FROM
ALIASEJB_TABLE t0 WHERE (t0.ALIAS IS NULL AND NULL IS NULL OR
t0.ALIAS IS NULL)} [code=20000, state=42X01]

Now my code is setting the parameter to NULL but that should be
valid.  Any idea what is going on?  Also, I'm using 0.9.6 so is this
a known problem?

Thanks,

-dain