openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: OPENJPA-134 and the 0.9.7 release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:20:16 GMT
> Generally in favor of including this performance patch with the
> release. Just a few questions:
>
> 1. How good is the patch? Has it been put through whatever
> extensive Unit Tests tests anyone has?

As others have said, it does pass the OpenJPA test suite, but
unfortunately that isn't saying all that much.  AFAIK it hasn't been
put through the old Kodo test suite.  Of course I always think my
code is correct, but it'd be nice if someone could put it through
whatever performance tests prompted the bug report in the first place
(the whole suite, not just the particular cases with extra joins).
If I did screw up the fix, it probably wouldn't break anything
functional, but would instead result in less optimal SQL than before.