openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:10:34 GMT
Hi Pinaki,

On Apr 10, 2007, at 6:44 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

>> provide a patch.
> Will such a patch be given to Glassfish project?
> But some kind of committer-level privilege will be required, i  
> suppose.
>
> have added few more informative messages to distinguish between
> different ways persistence unit creation/ lookup can fail.
> please advise on how to proceed on contributing a patch.

This is great. Can you please file a Glassfish/persistence issue in  
their issue tracker and attach your patch? If you have trouble doing  
this, I'll be glad to help some more...

Thanks!

Craig
>
>
> Pinaki Poddar
> BEA Systems
> 415.402.7317
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM [mailto:Craig.Russell@Sun.COM]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:14 PM
> To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
>
> FYI, Persistence is an open source project at Glassfish.
>
> Anyone, even an OpenJPA contributor, who wants to contribute to the
> project for example to improve the error messages, is welcome to  
> look at
> the sources and provide a patch. I know people who will be happy to
> commit usability patches. ;-)
>
> Craig
>
> On Apr 10, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:
>
>> The error message could have been more specific in the following way:
>> a) no META-INF/persistence.xml has not been found in classpath
>> b) META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but there is no 'ode- 
>> store'
>> unit defined in it.
>> c)  META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but provider can not be
>> loaded/invoked
>>
>> When I first encountered this error, my interpreation was (b) from  
>> the
>> way the message was worded.
>>
>>
>> Pinaki Poddar
>> BEA Systems
>> 415.402.7317
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: eljotpl@gmail.com [mailto:eljotpl@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jacek
>> Laskowski
>> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:52 PM
>> To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
>>
>> On 4/10/07, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprudhom@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Glad you got it fixed. It's annoying that
>>> javax.persistence.Persistence doesn't provide more of a clue as to
>>> why
>>
>>> it failed.
>>
>> I wonder what else you'd like to see other than what's already  
>> printed
>> out? It tells exactly why it's failed - "No Persistence provider for
>> EntityManager named ode-store" is just a JPA version of
>> "NoClassDefFoundError" in "pure" Java.
>>
>> Jacek
>>
>> --
>> Jacek Laskowski
>> http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl
>>
>> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
>> contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries
>> and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,
>> copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for
>> the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you
>> are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in
>> error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>
>
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may  
> contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries   
> and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,   
> copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for  
> the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you  
> are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in  
> error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message