openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:13:43 GMT
FYI, Persistence is an open source project at Glassfish.

Anyone, even an OpenJPA contributor, who wants to contribute to the
project for example to improve the error messages, is welcome to look
at the sources and provide a patch. I know people who will be happy
to commit usability patches. ;-)

Craig

On Apr 10, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> The error message could have been more specific in the following way:
> a) no META-INF/persistence.xml has not been found in classpath
> b) META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but there is no 'ode-store'
> unit defined in it.
> c)  META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but provider can not be
> loaded/invoked
>
> When I first encountered this error, my interpreation was (b) from the
> way the message was worded.
>

> Pinaki Poddar
> BEA Systems
> 415.402.7317