openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:40:28 GMT
Hi Marc,

Artifacts need to be approved (voted on by the PMC) before they are
put into repositories. The 0.9.6 release was put into the incubating
repository only after it was approved by the IPMC.

I'm really asking that the 0.9.7 release that we plan to put into the
incubating repository needs to be put to a vote at the same time as
we release the other artifacts. The pom.xml and the openjpa-all.0.9.7-
incubating.jar should be part of the vote and available in the
staging repository.

Craig

On Apr 13, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Craig-
>
>> I thought we were going to also release a maven download for the
>> jar file containing all the openjpa stuff and a pom that contains
>> the dependencies. This would enable folks using maven to simply
>> put the five lines of code naming the dependency into their pom
>> and put the incubating repository into their maven repositories
>> list and they would be done.
>
> Note that they can do that already with the existing artifacts,
> since Maven downloads transitive dependencies. For example, this
> pom.xml works fine for me in that it downloads and uses all of the
> OpenJPA libraries and dependencies:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <project>
>     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>     <groupId>some-project</groupId>
>     <artifactId>some-artifact</artifactId>
>     <packaging>jar</packaging>
>     <name>My Project</name>
>     <version>1.0.0</version>
>     <repositories>
>         <repository>
>             <id>apache-snapshots</id>
>             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
> repository</url>
>         </repository>
>     </repositories>
>     <dependencies>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
>             <artifactId>openjpa-all</artifactId>
>             <version>0.9.6-incubating</version>
>         </dependency>
>     </dependencies>
> </project>
>

> There might be some other good reasons to make a separate
> distribution that bundles all of the jars into a single uber-jar,
> but, as I mentioned before, I personally don't think it is worth
> the effort, especially for a project that is so component-oriented.
>

> On Apr 13, 2007, at 11:55 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for all the work.
>>
>> I thought we were going to also release a maven download for the
>> jar file containing all the openjpa stuff and a pom that contains
>> the dependencies. This would enable folks using maven to simply
>> put the five lines of code naming the dependency into their pom
>> and put the incubating repository into their maven repositories
>> list and they would be done.
>>
>> Was I just dreaming this up?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Apr 12, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Michael Dick wrote:
>>
>>> OpenJPA People-
>>>
>>> In accordance with the Incubating Releases guidelines at
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
>>> Incubation_Policy.html#Releases ,
>>> I've taken a shot at making a release and start a vote on
>>> publishing a "
>>> 0.9.7-incubating" release of OpenJPA.
>>>
>>> The release candidate is at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-binary.zip
>>>
>>> The GPG signature and MD5 checksums are at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-binary.zip.asc
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-binary.zip.md5
>>>
>>> The sources, sources GPG signature and sources MD5 checksum are
>>> available
>>> at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-source.zip
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-source.zip.asc
>>> http://people.apache.org/~mikedd/staging-repository/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/openjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-
>>> incubating-source.zip.md5
>>>
>>> I have tagged the sources at:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openjpa/tags/0.9.7-
>>> incubating/
>>>
>>> Please vote to publish this incubating release on the project Web
>>> page:
>>>
>>>   http://cwiki.apache.org/openjpa/downloads.html
>>>
>>> This vote will remain open until 5:20 CST on Tuesday April 17th
>>> (three
>>> business days).
>>> A "+1" indicates that you approve of the release, a "-1" indicates a
>>> vote against making a release
>>>
>>> --
>>> -Michael Dick
>>
>> Craig Russell