openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Index already exists exception
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:25:40 GMT
So to restate, without the readSchema option, the mapping tool
doesn't know the existing index names or which columns have indexes.
This means that indexes are created blindly, and there could very
well be an index conflict for an existing table created by OpenJPA.

Assuming that is true, shouldn't we change failed index creation
without readSchema to a warning instead of an error.

-dain