openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Artifact names
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:29:22 GMT
+1 to all that.

What JDO does is publish the non-maven artifacts to the dist/db
directory (JDO is a db sub-project) and there is a script that allows
us to use the mirrors to let folks get the binary or source download.
And we publish the maven artifacts so that a user can just write a
pom and five lines of code later maven will download the dependency
tree. Sweet.

Craig

On Apr 25, 2007, at 7:07 AM, Eddie O'Neil wrote:

>  While in incubation, the best place for non-Maven downloads is here:
>
>    http://people.apache.org/dist/incubator/
>
>  Once out of incubation, the right place is here:
>
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/
>
> which ties an artifact into the mirroring system.  Then, there's a
> particular way to format the project's download page in order to list
> all of the mirrors as download options for that artifact a la:
>
>    http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi
>
> Eddie
>

> On 4/25/07, Michael Dick <michael.d.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/24/07, Phill Moran <pjmoran@rogers.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't think you want the tarball in maven. Personally I would
>> not look
>> > for it
>> > there or go searching my local repo to open and get examples,
>> docs etc.
>> > Can we
>> > keep the tarball on OpenJPA and the minimal compile an execution
>> jar on
>> > Maven.
>> > Keep in mind that this jar is replicated on maven, corp repo
>> then local
>> > repo - a
>> > lot of wasted space if not absolutely necessary.
>> >
>> > Phill
>>

>> I agree, if we put the tarball in a different location then we
>> should remove
>> it from the maven repository at the same time. It shouldn't be too
>> tricky to
>> separate the tarball generation from the normal build processing
>> (in which
>> case maven won't deploy the tarball).
>>
>> Assuming this is the right way to go, where would be put the tarball?

and
>> deploy goals
>> names (

>> list

>> problem -

files
>> (basically
>> it will

>> project-0.9.7.

>> attachments, may
>> If you
>> message in
>> delete it.
>> > > >

>> > Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
>> contain
>> > information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and
>> affiliated
>> > entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted
>> and/or
>> > legally
>> > privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
>> or entity
>> > named
>> > in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have
>> received
>> > this
>> > message in error, please immediately return this by email and
>> then delete
>> > it.
>> >

>> --
>> -Michael Dick