openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: new site look
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:24:53 GMT

Ok. I'll give it a shot, I may be able to whip something up over the weekend.

Regarding the 3D boxes, it starts with a flat 2 image of each side of the
box that get texture mapped onto the box in the 3D scene setup in blender.
Setup the lighting and camara angles just right and then ask it to render
the image.  Some slight photo re-touching is done afterwords and then your
done.

Marc Prud wrote:

> Hiram-
>
>> I'm the guy that put the original ActiveMQ design together.  If you
>> want
>> I'll tweak it some more for you guys.  Perhaps change the color
>> scheme?  Or
>> do you just want a better integrated banner/logo?
>
> Personally, I think it would be fantastic if we had someone with
> clear design talent making improvements to the site. I had tried to
> tweak the colors initially so it didn't look like such an obvious
> copy of the ActiveMQ site, but I have lousy color sense, and
> everything I tried wound up looking garish.
>
> So, +1 from me for making any improvements you like!
>
>> Once we get that done,
>> perhaps you want a cool little software box like the ones that I
>> made for:
>> http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-411-release.html and
>> http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> I think that would be really nifty. Out of curiosity, how did you
> make those images? Is there some Photoshop "Software Product Box"
> template or something, or did you have to do it manually?
>

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 6:22 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>

>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I'm the guy that put the original ActiveMQ design together.  If you
>> want
>> I'll tweak it some more for you guys.  Perhaps change the color
>> scheme?  Or
>> do you just want a better integrated banner/logo?  Once we get that
>> done,
>> perhaps you want a cool little software box like the ones that I
>> made for:
>> http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-411-release.html and
>> http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hiram
>>

>> Marc Prud wrote:
>>>

>>> It's actually a pretty shameless (albeit attributed) ripoff of
>>> http://
>>> activemq.apache.org/. Something with the previous templates broke
>>> recently (which itself was a shameless ripoff of http://