openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:34:36 GMT
Craig and others,
Here's the scoop with OPENJPA-222...  A couple of weeks ago, DaveW committed
some changes to OPENJPA-182.  Patrick reviewed the changes and through
discussions on the dev mailing list and the Issue itself, re-worked and
re-committed the changes.  We dropped the ball and didn't sufficiently test
these new changes against DB2 until recently.  We are finding that basically
any sub-selects will not work with DB2 with the changes for OPENJPA-182.
The changes for OPENJPA-222 will resolve these issues.

This problem (no sub-selects with DB2) seems severe enough to warrant a
re-spin of the release.  I know this pushes us out another couple of days,
but I think from a "customer perspective", it's worth the effort.

As far as this 0.9.7 being bundled with some significant release...  We
(IBM) were planning to use the 0.9.7 release with a refresh of the EJB3
Feature Pack.  Our plans have since changed, so the urgency is no longer
present.  I just want any OpenJPA release to be usable and not regress
expected function.

Thanks,
Kevin