openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From jeff <jeffrey.blatt...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: composite ID w/ another composite ID as a field
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:56:51 GMT

415.402.7317

-----Original Message-----
From: jeff [mailto:jeffrey.blattman@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:57 AM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: composite ID w/ another composite ID as a field

thanks pinaki,

as a test, i removed Page.book as an @Id, and made the corresponding
change in PageId (removed the book field of type PageId). this caused
the class cast exception below to go away. so, it does appear to have
some relation of to the use of the composite ID within a composite ID,
although you're right it might be a completely different issue.

this is with a trunk (as of this morning) build of openjpa.

i have attached the log you asked for. nothing stood out. i can also
pass along a maven2 project that contains the test case that fails if
that helps. i can't see to attach it here directly though as apache's
spam filter doesn't like it. let me know.

thanks again.

Pinaki Poddar
 wrote:

 Jeff,
 1. The errors look rather unrelated to original problem of
composite
 id.
 2. The errors apparently caused by enviroment setup, so please
 a) get a clean 0.9.7 openjpa (either building locally from the
 source, or pre-built jars from the openjpa web-site)
 b) if the error persists, report with trace-level logging
 (property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE"/>
 and complete stack trace.

 Pinaki Poddar
 BEA Systems
 415.402.7317