openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Erwan Le Goulven" <erwan.legoul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatical EntityManagerFactory init
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:49:51 GMT
Thank you for your time Patrik,

Actually the persistence.xml used in the META-INF jar in the CP points to
another persistence unit name.
The thing is -and I may be mistaking about this practice- I want to
programmatically my own persistence units, based on different name, at run
time, and I dunnot wish do depend on persistence.xml descriptor to configure
the persistence units I wish to use, because :
-I don't know their number
-I don't know their name

I thought I could use the Map property provided by the Persistence api in
order to proceed, but I'm now questionning about its faisability. I've
checked out the source code and noticed the persistence.xml resource is
searched, whatever property I put in the configuration map.

Could you (or anyone else) confirm this last point?

Merci bien
Erwan