openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Set query params without TX?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:16:52 GMT
Is a query a one time use object?  Meaning, I only get to call
getResultList(), getSingleResult(), or executeUpdate() once and then
I have to get a new instance.

Also you stated:

On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:35 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:
> (please please please make it a dynamic
> proxy that implements all the interfaces that the proxied thing
> implements).

When I first wrote the proxy, I tried to implement it using a dymanic
proxy, but gave up after I discovered the extreme differences in the
handling of the methods.  Some methods require an active transaction,
and some are fine without one, but you have to close the em in a
finally block.  The getQuery methods, need to have the Query object
proxied, but only if there is no transaction. Some methods like
joinTransaction(), close(), isOpen(), and getTransaction() just have
custom rules.

So I could easily create a dynamic proxy, but which strategy would I
choose for the methods that are "dyanmic" (i.e., the extra methods
not on the entity manager interface)?

-dain