openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.7-incubating release
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 19:09:00 GMT
Craig-

> I thought we were going to also release a maven download for the
> jar file containing all the openjpa stuff and a pom that contains
> the dependencies. This would enable folks using maven to simply put
> the five lines of code naming the dependency into their pom and put
> the incubating repository into their maven repositories list and
> they would be done.

Note that they can do that already with the existing artifacts, since
Maven downloads transitive dependencies. For example, this pom.xml
works fine for me in that it downloads and uses all of the OpenJPA
libraries and dependencies:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project>
     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
     <groupId>some-project</groupId>
     <artifactId>some-artifact</artifactId>
     <packaging>jar</packaging>
     <name>My Project</name>
     <version>1.0.0</version>
     <repositories>
         <repository>
             <id>apache-snapshots</id>
             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
repository</url>
         </repository>
     </repositories>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.openjpa</groupId>
             <artifactId>openjpa-all</artifactId>
             <version>0.9.6-incubating</version>
         </dependency>
     </dependencies>
</project>

There might be some other good reasons to make a separate
distribution that bundles all of the jars into a single uber-jar,
but, as I mentioned before, I personally don't think it is worth the
effort, especially for a project that is so component-oriented.