openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Deployment on JBoss
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:16:55 GMT
> As you can see there's a ClassCastException in
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createFactory which is a bit
> weird. Note that we instantiate the factory using a specific name:

Aah, you had more content in your email. Of course.

> And that our persistence.xml *only* references the OpenJPA
> persistence factory. I've looked at the sources of

Sounds like you've already got the OpenJPA persistence provider listed.

> persistence factory. I've looked at the sources of
> Persistence.java in Glassfish but couldn't find the right
> version that seems to be used here (the createFactory method
> doesn't seem to exist anymore).

What do you mean -- in what sense does that method not exist anymore?

> I'm running out of ideas and thought the knowledgeable people
> would probably know more about the JBoss environment. Any idea?

IIRC, the JBoss folks were talking about using a Persistence class other
than the one from the RI, so they may have other behavior in their impl.
Certainly, if this is the case, it doesn't sound like their impl is
compliant with the spec, although I don't know what the status of the
CTS is wrt. loading other JPA impls. Also, I don't know what JBoss's
Java EE 5 status is.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey