openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Deployment on JBoss
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:08:23 GMT
What happens if you toss
'<provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</provi
der>' into your persistence.xml file?

-Patrick

-- 
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.
_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Matthieu Riou [mailto:matthieu.riou@gmail.com] 
> Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 9:05 AM
> To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Deployment on JBoss
> 
> Hi guys,
> 
> One of our users in ODE is trying to deploy on JBoss. There 
> seems to be some configuration problems, most probably 
> related to the presence of Hibernate in the server. He's 
> having the following stacktrace (I trimmed the non relevant bits):
> 
> 13:15:29,343 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR - ODEServer.initDAO(413) | 
> Error instantiating  DAO Connection Factory class 
> org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAO ConnectionFactoryImp l.
> javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Provider error. Provider:
> org.hibernate.
> ejb.HibernatePersistence
>        at 
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createFactory(Persistence.java:175)
>        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory
> (Persistence.
> java:111)
>        at org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAOConnectionFactoryImpl.init
> (BPELDAOConne
> ctionFactoryImpl.java:108)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.createDaoCF(Database.java:267)
>        at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.initDAO(ODEServer.java:410)
>        at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.init(ODEServer.java:144)
>        ....
> 13:15:31,078 INFO  [STDOUT] ERROR - 
> StandardContext.loadOnStartup(4073) | Servle t /ode threw 
> load() exception
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence
>        at 
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createFactory(Persistence.java:169)
>        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory
> (Persistence.
> java:111)
>        at org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAOConnectionFactoryImpl.init
> (BPELDAOConne
> ctionFactoryImpl.java:108)
>        at 
> org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.createDaoCF(Database.java:267)
>        at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.initDAO(ODEServer.java:410)
>        at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.init(ODEServer.java:144)
> 
> As you can see there's a ClassCastException in 
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createFactory which is a bit 
> weird. Note that we instantiate the factory using a specific name:
> 
> _emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("ode-dao", propMap);
> 
> And that our persistence.xml *only* references the OpenJPA 
> persistence factory. I've looked at the sources of 
> Persistence.java in Glassfish but couldn't find the right 
> version that seems to be used here (the createFactory method 
> doesn't seem to exist anymore).
> 
> I'm running out of ideas and thought the knowledgeable people 
> would probably know more about the JBoss environment. Any idea?
> 
> Thanks!
> Matthieu
> 

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA
Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,
 copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Mime
View raw message