openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: another shared classloader problem
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:46:54 GMT
> and gemstone.business.entities.Product. The former is mapped
> to the entity name 'FigbirdProduct' in the XML metadata and
> Any suggestions are welcome. I'm using 0.9.6.

I seem to remember an issue with entity names in XML in 0.9.6. Maybe
that's the culprit?

Also, could you describe the use case where it makes sense to change an
entity name in XML? To date, I've mostly been of the opinion that
changing entity names in XML is a pretty bad thing, as it will cause any
queries that relied on the annotation-specified (or default) entity
names to break. Is there some use case that's been escaping me?

-Patrick