openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:07:06 GMT
> If a provider does not qualify as the provider for the named
> persistence unit,
> it must return null when createEntityManagerFactory is invoked on it.

That's what the provider must do when
PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory() is called, not what the
Persistence class must do.

As you can see in the code, Persistence already throws exceptions if it
can't find any persistence units. It could just be a bit more
informative about why.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey