openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: why not an EntityExistsException was thrown?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 03:59:23 GMT
Cool -- that explains it then.

EM.commit() must throw RollbackExceptions (and
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.RollbackException extends
javax.persistence.RollbackException) when the transaction is rolled back
during the course of the commit.

If you get the nested exception from the RollbackException, I bet that
it's instanceof EntityExistsException.

Clearly, however, something is wonky with our exception printing
algorithm.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

by email and then delete it.

800(LoggingConnectionDecorator.java:53)
> 	at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.LoggingConnectionDecorator$Logging
> Connection$LoggingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(LoggingConne
> ctionDecorator.java:854)
> 	at
> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingPreparedStatement.execut
> eUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:266)
> 	at
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.JDBCStoreManager$CancelPrepared
Statement.executeUpdate(JDBCStoreManager.java:1360)