openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject ClassTransformerOptions in persistence.xml properties?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:21:02 GMT
After a lot of research I found that its possible to get something
like this into the persistence unit info properties

             openjpa.ClassTransformerOptions=ScanDevPath=true

(expresses as part of a properties file rather than the equivalent
xml from persistence.xml)

and that results in devScan == true in a bunch of method calls in
class transforming.  There's some code in PersistenceProviderImpl
that explicitly looks for this:

             String ctOpts = (String) Configurations.getProperty
                 (CLASS_TRANSFORMER_OPTIONS, pui.getProperties());
(lines 94-95)

leading me to believe that this might be a reasonable thing to try to
do.

However,  I get a lot of messages:

08:43:22,636 WARN  [Runtime] The property named
"openjpa.ClassTransformerOptions" was not recognized and will be
ignored, although the name closely matches a valid property called
"openjpa.ClassResolver".

Seems to me that something is wrong here.  Maybe the code in
PersistenceProviderImpl should be removing the property?  Maybe the
ConfigurationProvider should know about the property?  Maybe this is
actually not something that should be settable in persistence.xml?

thanks
david jencks