openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artifact names
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:03:12 GMT
On 4/11/07, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:

> > Does anyone vehemently object to putting -project back into
> > the names for
> > the 0.9.7 release?
>
> I don't vehemently object for the 0.9.7 release, but I do vehemently
> object for the 1.0 release. I don't like these random bugs / limitations
> of our build process making their way into the project artifacts.

I agree, I don't think I can resolve it cleanly in a timely manner for
0.9.7but I don't think they should be permanent additions.

> > archives and it
> > turns out this is a fairly common problem - usually resulting
> > in a response
> > of "working as designed".  Here's an example
> > http://www.nabble.com/Installation-and-deployment-tf1449780s17
> > 7.html#a3916784
>
> Any chance that we can convince the people involved that while it may be
> working as designed, it's a common difficulty?

I'll try. I suspect their argument will be that using the artifactId
guarantees uniqueness in the repository. I think that having the artifactId
in the path is unique enough.

As a last resort we could bite the bullet and switch the artifactIds. It's
not particularly friendly but it wouldn't be the end of the world to make
the change on a major release boundary (hopefully when we leave the
incubator).

-Patrick

--
-Michael Dick