openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Column with precision and scale - how does it work?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:59:01 GMT
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

I'm afraid I don't know how we determine when to apply the scale and
precision.

In this case the value should be ignored, since there's no way to set it on
the column. If the attribute was of type BigDecimal then I think the
precision and scale should apply.

The catch here is that it looks like we're mapping BigDecimal to DOUBLE so
that won't work. I'll have to take a closer look to determine where that
mapping occurs, and what the correct mapping(s) should be.

Would you mind opening a JIRA report for the problem?
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA

-Mike