openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Pinaki Poddar" <ppod...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 01:44:01 GMT
 > provide a patch.
Will such a patch be given to Glassfish project?
But some kind of committer-level privilege will be required, i suppose.

have added few more informative messages to distinguish between
different ways persistence unit creation/ lookup can fail.
please advise on how to proceed on contributing a patch.

Pinaki Poddar
BEA Systems
415.402.7317

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM [mailto:Craig.Russell@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:14 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Testing an OpenJPA module

FYI, Persistence is an open source project at Glassfish.

Anyone, even an OpenJPA contributor, who wants to contribute to the
project for example to improve the error messages, is welcome to look at
the sources and provide a patch. I know people who will be happy to
commit usability patches. ;-)

Craig

On Apr 10, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> The error message could have been more specific in the following way:
> a) no META-INF/persistence.xml has not been found in classpath
> b) META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but there is no 'ode-store'
> unit defined in it.
> c)  META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but provider can not be
> loaded/invoked
>
> When I first encountered this error, my interpreation was (b) from the
> way the message was worded.
>

> Pinaki Poddar
> BEA Systems
> 415.402.7317