openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatk...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Open JPA error-Could not locate metadata for the class using alias
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:10:01 GMT
The spec defines the following limitations of a MappedSuperclass:

2.1.9.2 Mapped Superclasses
A mapped superclass, unlike an entity, is not queryable and cannot be passed as
an argument to EntityManager or Query operations. A mapped superclass cannot be
the target of a persistent relationship.

-marina