openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatk...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:09:48 GMT
It's pretty much defined by the spec that Persistence class just delegates to
the providers to do the work and has no way to report the errors:

7.2 Bootstrapping in Java SE Environments

The Persistence bootstrap class will locate all of the persistence providers
<...> and call createEntityManagerFactory() on them in turn until an appropriate
backing provider returns an EntityManagerFactory.
<...>
If a provider does not qualify as the provider for the named persistence unit,
it must return null when createEntityManagerFactory is invoked on it.

regards,
-marina