openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatk...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using DDL generation in a Java EE environment?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 01:31:53 GMT
It does and doesn't :(.

If I just use 'build', it doesn't, but if I add drop (as in 'drop,build') it
creates a table that includes the existing columns but(!) making them not-pk and
type OTHER (on Oracle):
CREATE TABLE ORDER_TABLE (ORDER_ID NUMBER NOT NULL, SHIPPING_ADDRESS
VARCHAR2(255), CUSTOMER_ID NUMBER, B OTHER, PRIMARY KEY (ORDER_ID));

It also adds an index but no FK constraint.

thanks,
-marina

Abe White wrote:
>>If you just want a "fresh" database view for the mapping tool, such
>>that the mapping tool thinks that the database has no schema
>>defined, then you can specify the "-SchemaFactory" flag to be "file
>>(my-schema.xml)", where my-schema.xml file is a schema definition file
>

> The "build" schema action also pretends there is no existing
> database, though it will still connect.
>

> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information
of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,
 proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then
delete it.