openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Duplicate query
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:34:38 GMT
On 4/19/07, Hans J. Prueller <hans.prueller@gmx.net> wrote:

>  So in that case this won't change anything for us - "Not applicable to Java
> SE PUs". We ARE using OpenJPA in a Java SE
>  persistence unit (at least from the view of JPA our J2EE1.4 container will
> be only "SE").
>
>  So did I understand you wrong? I thought this WOULD be applicable in SE
> environments? NO? - So what are the options
>  for SE environments once again?

Uff, I'm relieved. You're right - Java EE 1.4 application server is
indeed javase-like environment for jpa. In fact, you could run jpa in
a application-managed entity manager mode with no help of application
server.

What worries me is that I'm unable to reproduce the error. I've got a
test environment with Derby and OpenJPA 0.9.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT and I
don't run into it. I'm leaning towards a conclusion that the
application server environment (even though it doesn't manage the PU)
is the culprit. You're using JTA and I'm not. Could you test out the
app with JTA replaced by  RESOURCE_LOCAL.

I also wonder how you ended up with the following settings:

<properties>
<property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode" value="managed" />
<property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed"/>
<property name="openjpa.Multithreaded" value="true"/>
<property name="openjpa.ManagedRuntime"
value="jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:comp/UserTransaction)" />

Did you configure it by purpose? These are settings I have never used
so I doubt if I help much.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski