openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Spurious warnings during runtime schema update
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:45:11 GMT
On 4/18/07, Jonathan Feinberg <jdf@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> When SychronizeMappings is set to buildSchema, as it always is for me (in  head-down
development mode), every run of unit tests or app server is prefaced  by a large collection
of spurious warnings. A specimen:

> 3635  myproj   WARN      [http-8080-Processor24] openjpa.jdbc.Schema - Existing column
"id" on table    "public.share" is incompatible with the same column in the given schema
  definition. Existing column:
> Full Name: share.id
> Type: char
> Size:    32
> Default: null
> Not Null: true
> Given column:
> Full Name:    Share.id
> Type: varchar
> Size: 255
> Default: null
> Not Null:  true

What database are you using? Have you tried to run it against another
db? I suspect it might be related to the db.

Could you try out the following setting in your persistence.xml:

value="buildSchema(SchemaAction='add,deleteTableContents')" />

? What's the result?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski