openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <>
Subject Re: (No)existing table in SQL server
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:17:06 GMT
On 4/12/07, Kevin Sutter <> wrote:
> Armad,
> This exception doesn't mean the table doesn't exist in the database, it
> means that the metadata doesn't define a proper table for this persistence
> type.  Either the annotations or the xml are not properly defining the table
> for this persistence type.  It would be good to see the complete exception
> text.  Also, the annotated Entity classes and/or the persistence.xml would
> help with deciphering this problem.

That's almost exactly how I responded to him on the Polish-speaking
newsgroup - Nice to see I wasn't mistaken. Thanks

I'd bet that he uses defaults and the class name doesn't correspond to
the table name or worse yet, the application doesn't connect to the
appropriate schema.

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message