openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: (No)existing table in SQL server
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:17:06 GMT
On 4/12/07, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Armad,
> This exception doesn't mean the table doesn't exist in the database, it
> means that the metadata doesn't define a proper table for this persistence
> type.  Either the annotations or the xml are not properly defining the table
> for this persistence type.  It would be good to see the complete exception
> text.  Also, the annotated Entity classes and/or the persistence.xml would
> help with deciphering this problem.

That's almost exactly how I responded to him on the Polish-speaking
newsgroup - pl.comp.lang.java. Nice to see I wasn't mistaken. Thanks
Kevin!

I'd bet that he uses defaults and the class name doesn't correspond to
the table name or worse yet, the application doesn't connect to the
appropriate schema.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski