openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Testing an OpenJPA module
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:00:18 GMT
On 4/10/07, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@bea.com> wrote:
> The error message could have been more specific in the following way:
> a) no META-INF/persistence.xml has not been found in classpath
> b) META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but there is no 'ode-store'
> unit defined in it.
> c)  META-INF/persistence.xml has been found but provider can not be
> loaded/invoked

Thanks! I've never thought about such an exhaustive list of possible
problems one might run into. Nice to keep it handy.

> When I first encountered this error, my interpreation was (b) from the
> way the message was worded.

Perhaps it's because I'm a mere developer so the only answer I'd have
given would've been c) yet I knew others were possible too (just I
don't see them so often).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski