openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From tbee <>
Subject provide an actual JDBC connection?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:10:09 GMT

Is it possible to provide an actual JDBC connection instead of connect

The business model I'm trying to construct will work inside an existing
application which does direct JDBC. There is already a connection open and
it would be a waste of resource to have two. I can always hack together a
special Driver for this. Another solution would be to use the connection of

One concern: how many actual JDBC connections are opened during a run. I
assume that only one is opened and that the JPA "transaction" concept is not
directly related to the JDBC transactions. That JDBC transactions are only
used during a JPA transaction's commit phase.
Sent from the open-jpa-dev mailing list archive at

View raw message