openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From tbee <>
Subject RE: Open JPA error-Could not locate metadata for the class using alias
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:23:49 GMT

Patrick Linskey wrote:
> Could you try out the almost-final OpenJPA 0.9.7 bits instead? The
> candidate (currently being voted on) is at
> penjpa-project/0.9.7-incubating/openjpa-project-0.9.7-incubating-binary.
> zip
> If that doesn't work out, could you package up an example for us to try
> out against the latest code?

47  reinders  INFO   [main] openjpa.Runtime - Starting OpenJPA
172  reinders  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class
Exception in thread "main" <0.9.7-incubating fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Could not locate metadata
for the class using alias "Article". Registered alias mappings:

What I'm wondering about: when running under Toplink there is an output
"alias defaults to ....". Is there something that Toplink assumes about this
alias that actually should be configured and where OpenJPA has problems

I can just "upload file" the example code? How to solve the missing Informix
Sent from the open-jpa-dev mailing list archive at

View raw message