openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <pjmo...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: Duplicate query
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:38:54 GMT
Interesting on the JTA stuff a lot of overhead if you are not planning dist
trans?

As an aside what is the Spring env considered?

-----Original Message-----
From: eljotpl@gmail.com [mailto:eljotpl@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jacek Laskowski
Sent: April 19, 2007 3:35 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Duplicate query

On 4/19/07, Hans J. Prueller <hans.prueller@gmx.net> wrote:

>  So in that case this won't change anything for us - "Not applicable
> to Java SE PUs". We ARE using OpenJPA in a Java SE  persistence unit
> (at least from the view of JPA our J2EE1.4 container will be only
> "SE").
>
>  So did I understand you wrong? I thought this WOULD be applicable in
> SE environments? NO? - So what are the options  for SE environments
> once again?

Uff, I'm relieved. You're right - Java EE 1.4 application server is indeed
javase-like environment for jpa. In fact, you could run jpa in a
application-managed entity manager mode with no help of application server.

What worries me is that I'm unable to reproduce the error. I've got a test
environment with Derby and OpenJPA 0.9.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT and I don't run into
it. I'm leaning towards a conclusion that the application server environment
(even though it doesn't manage the PU) is the culprit. You're using JTA and I'm
not. Could you test out the app with JTA replaced by  RESOURCE_LOCAL.

I also wonder how you ended up with the following settings:

<properties>
<property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode" value="managed" /> <property
name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed"/> <property
name="openjpa.Multithreaded" value="true"/> <property
name="openjpa.ManagedRuntime"
value="jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:comp/UserTransaction)" />

Did you configure it by purpose? These are settings I have never used so I doubt
if I help much.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski