openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <>
Subject RE: PCEnhance
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:35:38 GMT
Thanks Jacek, I have that entry in there and believe the issue is with
Eclipse/my development environment. You see it is stopping the build process
before it gets to enhance as I get no messages from OpenJPA (or eclipse) at all.

This has been so frustrating that I have stopped trying to fix it and have moved
to using Maven to compile and test. It means I also lose the ability to trace
but I have not progressed my project in almost three weeks trying to solve
various stack issues. I have also posted a message in the eclipse forum but
there seems to be less attention paid to that one than this. When I figure it
out I will post the solution back to this forum for others to discover

Thanks again,

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Jacek Laskowski
Sent: April 10, 2007 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: PCEnhance

On 4/10/07, Phill Moran <> wrote:
> Through maven and eclipse. I have log level trace set in
> persistence.xml but that has no impact. Maven is reporting that
> PCEnhance is returning non-zero and no reason why. So trace is set on
> either CLI or maven (same thing really). I don't remember seeing it
> anywhere in the docs from maven is it in Configuration and what is the tag?

<property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE,SQL=TRACE" />

in your persistence.xml file (I think SQL=TRACE is not necessary). I'm using
OpenJPA 0.9.7-SNAPSHOT's PCEnhancer from within M2 with maven-antrun-plugin. It
gives a lot of information, i.e.

     [java] 62  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Found 3 classes with
metadata in 0 milliseconds.
     [java] 62  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.Tool - Enhancer running on type
"class pl.jaceklaskowski.jpa.entity.PracownikSpecjalny".
     [java] 125  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Loading metadata for
"class pl.jaceklaskowski.jpa.entity.PracownikSpecjalny"
under mode "[META]".
     [java] 140  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing class
     [java] 140  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing package
     [java] 187  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Generating default
metadata for type "pl.jaceklaskowski.jpa.entity.PracownikSpecjalny".
     [java] 187  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Using reflection for
metadata generation.
     [java] 218  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Loading metadata for
"class pl.jaceklaskowski.jpa.entity.Osoba" under mode "[META]".
     [java] 218  derbyPU  TRACE  [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing class

Lots of information to digest.

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message