openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phill Moran" <>
Subject RE: Mapping tool in eclipse
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 03:26:10 GMT
Thanks Marc, that was it. I should have realized as I had used the BEA JDO tools

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Prud'hommeaux [] On Behalf Of Marc
Sent: April 8, 2007 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: Mapping tool in eclipse

It sounds like you have the tool set up to use the openjpa-all-0.9.6-
incubating.jar, but you haven't added any of the other required dependencies to
the environment's classpath. You should put everything (except the derby jar) in
the lib/ directory of the OpenJPA distribution in the environments classpath.

On Apr 8, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Phill Moran wrote:

> Has anyone installed the mapping tool in the external eclipse tools? I
> am getting an error and little info or ways to debug. I am trying to
> set it up so that it would validate the current file. I would be happy
> with all files in workspace or package. Really just to get it to run
> so I can get to the problem I am really after which is a OpenJPA not
> managed exception
> Location is set to java
> Parameters is set to this (hard coded file for now to get it running)
> org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool -jar openjpa-all-0.9.6-
> incubating.jar validate -a
> C:\development\emall\target\classes\ca\test\categories\Category.class
> I have also defined a classpath set to the incubating jar
> And I get this for my trouble:
> org/apache/commons/lang/exception/NestableRuntimeException
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(
> 	at
> 124)
> 	at
> 	at$000(
> 	at$
> 	at Method)
> 	at
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(
> 	at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.main(
> 903)
> Any thoughts?

View raw message