openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Shared classloader and subclasses
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:14:24 GMT
> AFIACT, the problem is that the openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry class
> uses static
> fields to store Meta information. When the second instance is
> loaded, the
> PCRegistry has been initialized, but doesn't contain that instance's
> subclasses and an exception is thrown

The PCRegistry has to use static members because each persistent
class registers itself with the registry in its static initializer.
There is no way for a persistent class to access a specific registry
instance when it is loaded into the JVM.

I don't think the proposed patch is viable, because there are cases
where we lazily-load metadata, and we don't want to leave out
subclasses just because we haven't parsed their metadata yet.  What
is the exception you're seeing?
by email and then delete it.