openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using DDL generation in a Java EE environment?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:09:10 GMT
Marina-

On Mar 20, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. Can you please answer the following set of
> questions?
>
> 1. The doc requires that "In order to enable automatic runtime
> mapping, you must first list all your persistent classes". Is this
> true for EE case also?

Yes. People usually list them all in the <class> tags in the
persistence.xml file.

> 2. Section "1.2.Generating DDL SQL" talks about .sql files, but
> what I am looking for are "jdbc" files, i.e. files with the lines
> that can be used directly as java.sql statements to be executed
> against database.

The output should be sufficient. Try it out and see if the format is
something you can use.

> 3. Is there a document that describes all possible values for the
> "openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" property?

Unfortunately, no. Basically, the setting of the
"SynchronizeMappings" property will be of the form "action
(Bean1=value1,Bean2=value2)", where the "bean" values are those
listed in org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool (whose javadoc you
can see http://incubator.apache.org/openjpa/docs/latest/javadoc/org/
apache/openjpa/jdbc/meta/MappingTool.html ).