openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Another bad Maven day
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 02:02:05 GMT
The cayenne guys just hard coded their dependency on surefire to 2.2.

I don't know if the maven surefire folks are aware of this issue. I
personally don't know who to talk to over there...

Craig

On Mar 13, 2007, at 6:56 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Craig-
>
> Yes, there do appear to be problems. If I clobber my repository (so
> that the latest surefire plugin is downloaded) and try to run the
> tests, everything fails with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.openjpa.util.CacheMap".
>
> I'll try to look into it tonight...
>

> On Mar 13, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> The surefire plugin was just updated from 2.2 to 2.3 and the
>> instrumentation no longer works (for the cayenne project at least).
>>
>> Anyone know whether this affects us?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
>>> Date: March 13, 2007 11:09:48 AM PDT
>>> To: dev@cayenne.apache.org
>>> Subject: Another bad Maven day
>>>
>>> Something changed in the Maven unit test class loading....
>>> Instrumentation args no longer work... Somehow I think this is
>>> related to the new version of the surefire plugin that I noticed
>>> was loaded on March 7 :-(
>>>
>>> Andrus
>>>

>>> [INFO] Surefire report directory: /Users/andrus/work/cayenne/
>>> itests/pojo/target/surefire-reports
>>> *** CayenneAgent starting...
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException:
>>> org.apache.cayenne.itest.pojo.ExposedPkTest; nested exception is
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null; nested exception is
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException:
>>> org.apache.cayenne.itest.pojo.ExposedPkTest; nested exception is
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException:
>>> org.apache.cayenne.itest.pojo.ExposedPkTest; nested exception is
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0
>>> (Native Method)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
>>> (NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>         at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
>>> (DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance
>>> (Constructor.java:494)
>>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:131)
>>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:
>>> 114)
>>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.<init>(TestSuite.java:75)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0
>>> (Native Method)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
>>> (NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>         at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
>>> (DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance
>>> (Constructor.java:494)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.constructTestObject
>>> (JUnitTestSet.java:151)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.getTestCount
>>> (JUnitTestSet.java:247)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.locateTes
>>> tSets(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:104)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.createSuiteFromDefinition
>>> (Surefire.java:150)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:111)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
>>> Method)
>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
>>> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
>>> (SurefireBooter.java:290)
>>>         at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main
>>> (SurefireBooter.java:818)
>>>         at org.apache.cayenne.itest.pojo.PojoTestCase.<clinit>
>>> (PojoTestCase.java:35)
>>>         ... 22 more
>>>

>> Craig Russell
>> jdo