openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject OpenJPA status report for the Apache Board
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:36:18 GMT
This is the OpenJPA status report for the board for the three month
period ending Mar 2007.

=== OpenJPA ===

OpenJPA made good progress this quarter in all areas. The project has
many active committers all driving toward improving functionality,
stability, performance, and usability.

OpenJPA has met all of the technical requirements for graduation from
incubation, and is now waiting for the community to feel ready. It is
not clear whether the destination should be a TLP or a sub-project of
another. This discussion has not been started yet. Well, I guess it
just has.

Development

Development continues on the 0.9.7 release, which will contain many
bug fixes and performance improvements. Kevin Sutter has been
volunteered to cut the release once we decide there is enough done on
the list.

The JSR 220 TCK was passed.

JIRA now contains numerous proposed bug fixes and feature
enhancements, tentatively assigned to release buckets.

Infrastructure

The project is running smoothly with all systems green.

Community

One new committer was added (Michael Dick).

Three new PPMC members were added (Kevin Sutter, Marc Prud'hommeaux,
and Abe White).

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo