openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot get QueryTimeout to work
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:09:15 GMT

FYI, setQueryTimeout() will meter call Statement.setQueryTimeout() on
the underlying driver. JDBC drivers frequently either don't implement
this, or their implementation is very flawed. Unfortunately, we
haven't done detailed analyses of which drivers properly implement it
or not, so I don't know if DB2 has a proper implementation of it.

One way to test our whether it is supported is to write a small stand-
alone test case that directly creates a JDBC Connection and tries to
execute a slow or blocking SQL statement on a Statement after you
call setQueryTimeout() and see if it correctly times out. If it
doesn't, then the problem is with the driver. If it does, then
there's something wrong with OpenJPA and we can investigate further.