openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 0.9.7 release
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:09:44 GMT
I hate to bring this up, but it takes more than a day or two to cut a
release and have it approved. Take a look at the 0.9.6 release.
Granted, we're smarter than that now, but it still takes some time.

Let's say we built a candidate release right now. You want to give
the community a chance to find issues with it or to complain that bug
xyz hasn't been fixed or that they found a regression. It might take
a few days to get the feedback and then all weekend to come up with a
new candidate. Then, you need to ask the Incubator for permission to
release, which takes a minimum of 3 days (72 hours). You're now into
the middle of next week. If the incubator folks find anything, it's
another spin of the wheel.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com