openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: OPEN-JPA and Toplink 2.0.XX
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:04:05 GMT
> On Mar 25, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Phill Moran wrote:
>
>> This is interesting thanks for the information. Firstly I thought
>> that one needed both toplink and JPA to make use of JPA in an
>> application. I  think I found this on the Glassfish site, can't
>> remember now. This is why I  posted this here.

Glassfish distributes TopLink Essentials bundled with the JPA spec
jar, so you might have unwittingly acquired TopLink Essentials along
with the spec jar and not unsurprisingly, figured that they were the
same.

Since that experiment at the beginning of the official RI
distribution of Java EE 5, the JPA spec jar has been unbundled and is
available separately from TopLink Essentials. You are free to use any
implementation of the spec that you choose.

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo