openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Bush" <dan.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Missing PK Values
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:38:05 GMT
I am using WL 10T and OpenJPA(0.9.7 nightly) against a Sybase(12.5.3)
DB . My PK types are IDENTITY and I have the entities mapped like so:

       @Id
       @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
       @Column(name = "myPk")
       private Long id;

       public Long getId() {    // i only have a setter ...
               return id;
       }

When I execute the following code, the PK comes back 0! :

Entity e = new EntityX();

_em.persist(entity);

// _em.flush();
// _em.refresh() // tried this too

System.out.println(entity.getId()); // returning 0

It doesn't look like the PKs are being relayed back from the DB. Not
sure if I have a driver issue or what(using the non XA WL Sybase
driver). Even when I find an entity all the fields values seam to be
working except for the pks. Anyone have any ideas?