openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for OpenJPA
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:34:20 GMT
Craig,
I like the idea of putting together a roadmap.  I had started this
conversation with Patrick earlier this week, so your timing is perfect.

Concerning the 0.9.7 release...  I would like to "shut down" the development
of this release somewhat soon.  We have produced so many CTS-related,
performance-related, and functional-related fixes since 0.9.6, I think we
need a refresh.  Many users will only pull the "official" releases and
0.9.6doesn't give them a good feel of the overall capabilities.

Looking at the list of Issues still targeted for 0.9.7, maybe we need to do
another scrub to find out which ones are truly required for 0.9.7.  Maybe we
could set up a deadline or goal within a couple of weeks to either resolve
these Issues or move them out to 0.9.8 (or 1.0).

When Marc completed the 0.9.6 release, I was volunteered to do the next
release as a test of Marc's instructions.  Since I would expect a little bit
of a bumpy road with this process (since it's my first time), I would like
to get started on it soon.

Just a few thoughts as we ponder this roadmap activity...

Thanks,
Kevin