openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From jeff <jeffrey.blatt...@yahoo.com>
Subject schema generation, OpenJPA vs. Toplink
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:43:58 GMT
i'm new here, so please excuse if this is a stupid question ...

from my cursory look at OpenJPA, it seems that it takes a different approach to schema generation
than TopLink.

Toplink generates a schema from annotations, where OpenJPA requires one to provide a DB-neutral
XML schema file. do i have that right?

i am trying to understand the advantages of OpenJPA's approach. from my naive standpoint right
now, it seems less than optimal. if the metadata is already captured in annotations, why require
it to be defined in the schema XML file?

am i missing something?
thanks.

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.