openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Google Summer Of Code
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 06:04:52 GMT
Hi,

What is your background from a development standpoint? Also, what is the time frame for the
Summer of Code project? (Excuse my ignorance about it -- not being eligible, I haven't followed
it as closely as I could.) OPENJPA-130 is a great project for someone interested in learning
about how OpenJPA loads and stores data, and the intricacies of how field mappings work. OPENJPA-125
is probably not a good place to start, since I think that we're going to want to get something
hammered out for it before summertime is over.

If you're looking for more ideas, I can think of a number of other interesting projects that
involve various other parts of OpenJPA, such as OPENJPA-170, OPENJPA-129, OPENJPA-128, OPENJPA-127.
Are you more interested in learning about the OpenJPA architecture as a whole, or about creating
a feature and expertise in one particular area of the codebase?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.