openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Shared classloader and subclasses
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:28:11 GMT
> In the case above, another webapp has loaded the forums module,
> causing this
> webapp to look for the mappings in that module even though they aren't
> available.
>
> I had difficulty trying to figure out how to restrict which
> subclasses are
> 'seen'. Ideally I think it'd be done in the
> MetaDataRepository#register()
> method, but no metadata seems to be available at this time.

I see.  Here's a proposal: in the MetaDataRepository's implementation
of the RegisterClassListener interface, the repository only registers
the given class if either the user has not specified a persistent
types list (which we allow and in which case we attempt to lazily
discover persistent types), or if the class name appears in the
list.  That way if you follow JPA guidelines and specify your
persistent class list properly, subclasses left off the list won't
even get registered with the metadata repository.
by email and then delete it.