openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Connection pooling trouble
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:59:20 GMT
Hi,

Running 0.9.7 from March 7 (I think; someone else configured this).

Running very short transactions (createEM, begin, find one instance,
commit, close EM) I observe that connections are constantly being
acquired and then closed (hundreds of times per second). Did I
misconfigure the pool somehow?

These settings are in the persistence.xml,

<provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</
provider>
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"/>
             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/pbdb;create=true;"/>
             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="ejb3"/>
             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="ejb3"/>

             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionRetainMode"
value="always"/>
             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryProperties"
value="MaxActive=200,MaxIdle=200,MaxCachedStatements=250"/>

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC