openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Waldo Mendoza" <wa...@coderoad.com>
Subject MappingTool help
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:40:30 GMT
Hello there!

I am trying to use MappingTool with a JDO file named package.jdo to generate the package-mysql.orm
and create the tables in my database, the orm file is created succesfully with one exception,
the table name is not what i expected with subsequent call to the MappingTool.

For example this is what i want no matter how many times i call the MappingTool

<class name="com.foo.Bar" itentity-type="datastore">
  <field name="field1"/>
</class>

the package-mysql.orm file i want is as follow:

<class name="com.foo.Bar" table="BAR"
  <datastore-identity column="ID"/>
  <field name="field1" column="FIELD1"/>
</class>

But if the table already exists in the database, the table name will be followed with a sequential
number, if it´s the second time the MappingTool it´s called the table name will be "BAR1",
if it´s the third time will be "BAR2" and so on..

I tried some MappingTool parameter combinations, like:

-p jdo.properties -dt true -a refresh package.jdo

-p jdo.properties -rs true -a add package.jdo

-p jdo.properties package.jdo

But i can´t mantain the table as the same name of the class, no matter the table already
exists in the database, maybe adding the attribute 'table' each class in package.jdo will
be ok, but i have to many classes to modify.

I hope you can help, Thanks