openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA status report for the Apache Board
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:07:26 GMT

I wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for putting this
report together.  I've been fairly absent from the project for the last
month or two (company I was at shut its doors so I had to start a new
gig and I'm finishing my basement at the same time), and would like to
ramp up on it a bit more as time allows.  At any rate, these types of
things are not trivial and definitely not glorious work, so thanks for
taking the time to throw it together.

Craig L Russell wrote:
> This is the OpenJPA status report for the board for the three month
> period ending Mar 2007.
> === OpenJPA ===
> OpenJPA made good progress this quarter in all areas. The project has
> many active committers all driving toward improving functionality,
> stability, performance, and usability.
> OpenJPA has met all of the technical requirements for graduation from
> incubation, and is now waiting for the community to feel ready. It is
> not clear whether the destination should be a TLP or a sub-project of
> another. This discussion has not been started yet. Well, I guess it
> just has.
> Development
> Development continues on the 0.9.7 release, which will contain many
> bug fixes and performance improvements. Kevin Sutter has been
> volunteered to cut the release once we decide there is enough done on
> the list.
> The JSR 220 TCK was passed.
> JIRA now contains numerous proposed bug fixes and feature
> enhancements, tentatively assigned to release buckets.
> Infrastructure
> The project is running smoothly with all systems green.
> Community
> One new committer was added (Michael Dick).
> Three new PPMC members were added (Kevin Sutter, Marc Prud'hommeaux,
> and Abe White).
> Craig Russell

View raw message