openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Hans Prueller" <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: RE: WARNING: Connection not closed by caller - messages produced byOpenJPA?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:44:27 GMT
Thank you for your ideas.

I expected the message

"WARNING: Connection not closed by caller"

to come from OpenJPA as it occurs since we've integrated OpenJPA.
So you think that this message comes from somewhere else? Interesting.

What we are doing is that we have several EJB2.1 CMP Entity Beans that
are created/updated within SLSB's methods. One of those CMP Entity Beans
is now "converted" to be an OpenJPA Pojo. So we are working on CMP EBs AND
OpenJPA persistent pojos within the same SLSB method (and TX).

The really strange thing is that this co-existence worked fine as long as there was only 1
application client issuing requests to our server. As soon as we tested with 2 concurrent
clients and both of them issued requests simultaneously, we got that "Conflict writing entity
bean" error.

"The connection not closed by caller message" occurs permanently. Perhaps the container does
not close the connection as it "knows" that there are other than CMP EB clients (ie the openJPA
pojo) using the same connection. So perhaps it would be required to call em.close(); at the
end of every transaction?

Meanwhile I will try to find out where this
"WARNING: Connection not closed by caller" message is coming from..

hans

-------- Original-Nachricht --------